We welcome children from the age of 5 onwards, they do not need to be able to swim when they join us, we are a teaching club with accredited coaching staff who encourage children to fulfil their potential in a positive, friendly and safe environment. We welcome children from the age of 5.
Meeting on Monday and Friday evenings our club members follow a development programme which is based on both Speed and Lifesaving skills. All youngsters achievements are continuously monitored and recorded.
Members are coached by a group of enthusiastic adult volunteers and current senior swimmers who have gained formal qualifications in the relevant Speed or Lifesaving disciplines. Our internal Club Procedures ensure that all coaches are fully CRB/DBS approved and we have a clear equal-opportunities policy.
As a club we compete nationally in club lifesaving events, with members also representing Derbyshire, the East Midlands, and national teams. Many of our students progress to becoming lifeguards and swimming instructors.
• Maximise the potential of every swimmer in the club and provide a balanced training programme with opportunities for all.
• Promote teamwork, responsibility, respect for people and life, equality, learning and personal development, volunteerism, sharing common interests, and collaboration.
• Provide access to competitions.
• Provide structured weekly training.
• Give access to supplementary training such as 50m pools and open water.
• Encourage participation in other events giving wider personal and social development.
• Ensure our swimmers have fun!
Heanor Swimming & Lifesaving Club is affiliated to the Royal Lifesaving Society. Visit the RLSS website by clicking on the logo below.