You can apply for your child to join Heanor Swimming and Lifesaving Club at any time throughout the year. We operate a waiting list for young non-swimmers and young inexperienced swimmers requiring lessons. All other swimmers will be invited for an assessment and if we have the space they will be invited to join the club.
If you would like your child to join the club or have any further questions, please use the Contact Us page above to get in touch.
Club nights are Monday & Friday from 6pm onwards at:
William Gregg VC Leisure Centre
• Swim Cap and Swimwear (but not a bikini or board shorts). It is a club rule that swimming caps are worn at all times.
• A T-shirt or blouse/shorts or a skirt are needed for the for the lifesaving sessions.*
• Additional items such as Fins (long blade or short) are not essential at first but will be needed as the members progress.*
• A wetsuit and rubber shoes or suitable outdoor clothing will be required if you are attending an outdoor event.*
* You will be advised by our coach's when these items will be required for training.
Please talk to the coaching team about suitability before investing. A guidance sheet giving advice can be viewed by clicking the link below:
HSLSC - Fin Guidance Sheet.pdf
Certainly Not! The club appreciates the benefits of linking swimming with lifesaving and first-aid skills. A clear aim is to 'have fun' and that extends to all our members and their parents. We believe that the social side is as important as the sporting side.
Yes' the club colours are yellow and black. Sports clothing and accessories with the club logo and your name incorporated are all available to order from the online club shop.
Click here to visit the Club Shop page.
Membership costs are currently fixed at £26 per month per child.
All swimmers wishing to compete at the National Lifesaving Championships and the RLSS Speed Nationals must also pay an annual registration fee to the Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS UK), Surf Life Saving GB (SLSGB) and/or Surf Life Saving Wales (SLSA Wales) for National Stillwater Championships. Information on current RLSS & SLS GB membership charges can be found at both:
If you would like any further information use the Contact Us page above to get in touch.
You can also contact us at the following email address: email@example.com
Alternatively, feel free to visit us at William Gregg Leisure Centre on any club night.